It’s not rocket science. Most times, if a team is not performing over time, it’s because they are allowed to. Allowed to produce sub-standard work, allowed to have a sloppy approach, allowed to be complacent. And if firm measurement indicators are not in place (outlining what exactly what is required by when) you can bet your bottom dollar, productivity slip slide away.
7 ways to increase performance
- Tell your Team what your expectations are
- Have a firm Vision and goals that everybody is dedicated to
- Drive high performance from your role down, learning from mistakes but never allowing them to continue
- Have key measurement indicators in place to assess if they are performing. If not, help them to do so or help them find a career elsewhere
- Include your team in decision making. The more involved they are, the greater the commitment
- Reward them well and fairly including regular ‘thank you’ and ‘you are doing a really great job.’
- Be positive with a ‘can do’ attitude. Everybody loves that!