If you are in a customer service role, or you work within the community sector, you come across all kinds of clients and situations. Healthy people, sick people, depressed people, happy people, large people, small people. With clients you don’t always know what you are going to experience every day or what sort of person is going to walk in the door.
In these types of roles you have to think on your feet. You have to:
– Be tolerant and patient
– Be a mind reader
– Have the ability to deal with all kinds of situations and people
– Realise that there is no ‘one solution fits all’
– Be adaptive and flexible in everything you do
– Stand your ground and let things pass over you
– Choose which wars to win and which battles to lose
All in all you have to be a really gifted person to do this work.
Tell us your story?